Self managed super funds (SMSF) are similar to other super funds as they are designed to help you build your super savings so you can have the lifestyle you want in retirement.
However, with a self-managed super fund (SMSF), you’re in charge – you make the investment decisions for the fund and you’re held responsible for complying with the super and tax laws. It’s a major financial decision and our WCA team are qualiﬁed, licensed professionals that can help you with this.
Your self-managed super fund (SMSF) needs to be set up properly so you’re eligible for the appropriate tax concessions, can receive contributions and is easy for you to administer.
To set up an SMSF you need to:
- Consider appointing professionals to help you
- Choose individual trustees or a corporate trustee
- Appoint your trustees
- Create the trust and trust deed
- Check your fund is an Australian super fund
- Register your fund and get an ABN
- Set up a bank account
- Get an electronic service address
- Prepare an exit strategy
WCA strongly aligns its tax solutions and minimisation strategies to help you achieve ongoing sustainable financial growth.
In addition to Superannuation, we provide specialist Taxation services for: